MEET TIM | AUGUST WERUNMPLSER
“WeRunMPLSer of the Month” is a series we write to introduce the faces that make WeRunMPLS so special. We say this a lot – our core is community; it was the motivation behind starting WeRunMPLS, is the foundation for every time we meet and is what guides all our decisions. Hope you enjoy!
Meet Tim. Tim joined our group not long after our 2-year party and has quickly become a regular, core member of the group. We love his enthusiasm for WeRunMPLS, his miscellaneous assortment of fun facts about his life and couldn’t imagine the crew without him. Scroll on to hear what he’s all about!
Tell us your name + how you found out about WeRunMPLS.
My name is Timothy McKinney, and I found out about WeRunMPLS through an ad on Facebook. On a whim, I decided to drive 45 minutes to give it a try.
Where is your favorite place to run?
Isles, Calhoun, Harriet!
What’s been your favorite night of WeRunMPLS (so far!)?
Pretty much any night people stay and talk for a while. But I have to say the night that it was called off due to the heat and people STILL came. Oh, and there was ice cream and wholeme granola.
Tell us your top 5 interests.
- First started running my Sophomore year of college and haven’t looked back! I love being able to motivate others to run.
- Incredibly rewarding and challenging at the same time. I have days I want to do anything else, then days where I couldn’t imagine doing anything else.
- Traveled a lot as a kid, and lived in Europe for 6 years. Exploring more of the US this year!
- Definitely not a performer, but music is a huge part of my life. A good playlist can make or break a run for me.
- Used to be a side career, now I take very high quality photos of food and coffee on Instagram. : )
What’s your favorite thing about WeRunMPLS?
The first time I decided to come to WeRunMPLS I expected running to be the main focus. However, I was surprised to discover that the emphasis for the group was split between people who share a love for running, meeting new people, and local businesses in the community. It’s awesome to see people coming together for a common interest week after week, whether it’s for the social aspect, coffee, or—oddly enough—running. Kaitlyn and Jen’s focus from the beginning has been clear, that WeRunMPLS is for everyone and all paces. And that’s probably my favorite thing: People of all backgrounds getting together to run a little, eat some local eats, drink some local drinks, and have a great time!
Favorite running quote?
“Run like someone just called you a jogger.”
One random fact everyone should know about you.
Sometimes I forget to introduce myself. Actual fact: I once delivered a baby in Africa by kerosene lantern.
Current training goals:
- Great River Ragnar Relay, August 12-14th
- Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, October 9th
- Run faster than Jason, everyday.